- DOST-UP Cebu TBI
- DOST-UP Cebu TBI Project Recognizes PhilPro.ph, the Country's First Professional Appointment Website
- Shopping: More Fun in PHL
Shopping has topped as the best tourism industry earner in the country. Such accomplishment has been based on the increase of values and revenues brought in Philippine economy in 2011.
- Carpenters now in demand
For years, countless job offers and employments have been used to hiring Filipinos. Filipinos have comprised a huge part of the workforce in abroad. Now, the need for carpenters for both local and international industries have increased demanding more workers to do all the wood works.
- Dancing inmates-inspired web series bags award
A web series inspired by the dancing inmates of Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center won various awards in Canada and US.
- Filipino-designed gowns shown in Emmy Awards
Numerous Filipinos have been shining in various fields al over the world. One of these is in the field of fashion. Recently, two Filipino designers have been giving the chance to clothe various Hollywood artists in the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards. Read the full article for more details.
- Banana industry, still on the go; Sugar industry, expands - DA
- Loenen, new SC judge
To fill the vacated seat of the recently elected Supreme Court Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno, President Benigno Aquino appointed Marvic Loenen as Associate Judge. Such decision has been regarded as one of the administration’s “lasting legacies”.
- New Filipino Scholars to Australia
Since 1950s, thousands of Filipinos have been sent to Australia to study sponsored by Australia Awards. Now, a new batch of Filipino scholars will be sent to the country to attain post-graduate studies. Such endeavour aims to help the Filipinos contribute to the development of the Philippines through the learnings they attained in the top universities in Australia.
- Two More National Treasures, Honored
Two Filipino artists have been awarded with the Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan (National Living Treasure) Award because of their undying and undeniable passion for craft-making. Their contribution in the preservation and protection of Philippine culture has also been recognized by the National Commission for Culture and Arts. Aside from the recognition, the awardees received other benefits like pension and health insurance.
- Africa is World's Fastest Growing Mobile Market: study
With the skyrocketing of mobile subscriptions in Africa, a research group revealed that the continent is now the fastest mobile market in the world. The group foresaw that this growth of the African market would continue until next year and even in 2017.
- New rehabilitation program in Taguig, Manila
A new training program has been implemented in a correctional facility in Pasig City, Manila, Philippines in an effort of the government to make their future bright when they step out of prison. Under the program, the inmates are being trained as call center agents. This project is initiated by Senator Alan Peter Cayetano in partnership with Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) and Informatics, a technology training school.
- Ex-rebels receive financial aid
Rebel returnees have been given finacial assistance by the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) through the Provincial of Capitol of Cebu, Philippines. This action is done to convince the other rebels that they have a future when they surrender. The distributed checks reached a total amount of P1, 145, 450.00.
- World's Most Affordable Teachers
Numerous foreign students have flocked in the Philippines just to study the English language. This is because Filipinos are much cheaper English teachers compared to teachers from the United States, U.K and Australia.
- Thomas thanks Pinoy war vets
- A doctor for every town
- Guinness says Philippine croc world's largest
- South Cotabato: Next Major Tourist Destination
- Boracay, 4th best island in the world
- Balikbayan: The Overseas Pinoy’s Ultimate Dream
- ‘It’s more fun in the Philippines.’
- Philfortune Celebrates Christmas
- AmeriCares Flood Aid to Survivors
- Pinoy Wins NatGeo Photo Contest
- Churches Take Offering for Sendong Relief
- Bates wants to be Pinoy
- Tim Tebow building hospital in Philippines
- The NY Times: “Could it be that Filipino food, the underdog of Asian cuisines, is having its moment at last?”
- Paul Cabana Makes Mark on History
- Aquino cites role of every Filipino in achieving genuine change
- New Pig Builds a Smarter Website
- Twitter Trades Simplicity for Sophistication
- Security flaw allows users to gain access to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's private pictures
- Twitter Enhances Service to Win Over More Users
- CNET News: Who's winning in the smartphone fight?
- New planet may be able to support life
- Asia: Market Trends and Future Outlook in 25 Countries
- The Great Content Shift
- Filipina Nurse Receives Prestigious
- Outsourcing may be a solution to Philippine labor exodus
- U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Drops to 8.6%
- Philippines: The Hub of Call Centers
- AMERICAN PINOYS AMONG BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPERS
- THANKSGIVING TRADITION, THE PINOY WAY